Job posted on the 25 February 2014
As a Design Engineer at Ilmor you will experience a diverse and challenging range of activities in projects that will range across our business activities.
To be successful in the first stage of an application you must have a good degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering and have at least three years post graduate experience in the field of engine design.
The following skills and experience will be required –
• Proven ability to design major engine components
• Strong understanding of engineering principals and engine systems
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Good customer and supplier liaison skills
• Catia V5 experience is preferred but not essential
In addition, you will be expected to demonstrate the following personal attributes -
• Honesty and integrity at all times
• The ability to work effectively as an individual or as a member of a team, even when under pressure
• A genuine desire and determination to deliver commitments
• Good communication skills in verbal and written formats
In addition to an attractive salary, the above position carries a range of benefits including performance related bonus, non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
To Apply: Please respond with your CV and a covering letter, including salary details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
Engine Test Technician
Job posted on the 13 February 2014
ENGINE TEST TECHNICIAN
Due to our continuing increase in workload we are looking to recruit an Engine Test Technician. Working as part of the test team, you will be involved a wide variety of exciting Ilmor and customer projects, both mainstream automotive, defence and motorsport, including our successful Chevrolet Indycar engine.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Installation and removal of engines from test beds and rigs
• Perform automated and manual tests using AVL PUMA software, working both independently and alongside development engineers
• Perform routine maintenance and calibration of test cell equipment and plant
• Perform engine health checks and basic build tasks
• Generate, organise and communicate data at engineering department request
The ideal candidate will:
• Be apprentice qualified (C&G Engineering or similar) with at least two years’ experience working in a similar environment
• Be computer literate, ideally with experience of AVL PUMA or a similar test-bed software
• Have knowledge of typical dynamometer plant and instrumentation, and the maintenance required
• Have sound technical knowledge of engine hardware and its operation, with the ability to troubleshoot common problems
• Have ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Have a positive, can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to problem solving
• Have good written and oral communication skills and be able to present him/herself well to customers
To be considered you must already have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
In addition to an attractive salary, these positions carry a range of benefits including performance related bonus, non-contributory pension, life assurance and private medical insurance.
To Apply: Please respond with your CV and a covering letter, including salary details to: email@example.com No agencies please.