Engine Test Technician
Job posted on the 06 May 2015
ENGINE TEST TECHNICIAN
Working as part of the test team you will be involved a wide variety of exciting Ilmor and customer projects, both OEM automotive and motorsport, including our successful Chevrolet Indycar engine.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Installation and removal of engines from test beds and rigs
• Perform automated and manual tests using AVL PUMA or KLaS REO software, working both alongside development engineer and independently
• Perform routine maintenance and calibration of test cell equipment and plant
• Perform engine health checks and basic build tasks
• Generate, organise and communicate data at engineering department request
The ideal candidate will:
• Be apprentice qualified with at least two years’ experience working in a similar environment
• Be computer literate, ideally with experience of AVL PUMA or similar testbed software
• Have knowledge of typical dynamometer plant and instrumentation and the maintenance required
• Have sound technical knowledge of engine hardware and its operation, with the ability to troubleshoot common problems
• Have ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Have a positive, can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to problem solving
• Have good written and oral communication skills, and be able to present themselves well to customers
Starting salary will be competitive and based on individual experience. In addition to an attractive salary, the above position carries a range of benefits including performance related bonus, non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
To Apply: Please respond with your CV and a covering letter, including salary details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE