At Ilmor, we specialise in the design, simulation, development and manufacture of powertrain systems, electronics, and software for Motorsport, Automotive and Marine applications. With an international presence, we value ourselves on providing technologically advanced solutions. We are innovating at pace in the development of high efficiency, race, and production ready, ICE and EV solutions for both land and sea.
You would be working for a business which is highly invested in technology, at the forefront of engineering developments and in an environment which truly has a family feel and everyone knows your name.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced Electronics Engineer to participate in the expansion of our existing team of Electrical Engineers and Technicians within our purpose-built electronics facility. The team includes Engine Electronics, Software Design and Technical Wiring experts working on projects spanning multiple racing and non-racing disciplines, including IndyCar, WRC, hybrid automotive and marine as well as pure BEV.
Firstly, you will facilitate the delivery of existing capabilities; working with all departments to produce designs (CAD), develop electronic prototypes and small-scale production for Wiring Harness Looms, sensors and actuators.
Secondly, your role will be to help grow and develop our Electronics capability and our penetration of new markets. You will need to be able to design and develop electric powertrain subsystems, develop and evolve manufacturing capabilities, help as we increase our assembly capacity, augment our in-house software capability / functionality and support new business tenders.
You must be able to demonstrate:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Motorsport Electronics and Electrical environments
• Experience of electronic analysis and design
• Minimum degree education in Electronic Engineering or a related Subject
• Previous exposure to the technical aspects of budgetary proposals and tendering for future work
• Experience of managing an electrical / electronic supply chain
• Prototyping and development of electric and electronic systems
• Creation and maintenance of documentation and traceability systems
• Electric propulsion and Electric Vehicle subsystems
• Hybrid engine control systems
• Software development particularly data displays and embedded real-time software
Combined with this experience, it is essential that you possess:
• Excellent Project Management skills
• The ability generate new approaches and innovate ideas
• Creative approaches to problem-solving
• In order to meet race schedules and deadlines, the ability to work flexible and longer hours as and when required is essential
The position oﬀers an attractive salary based on experience. Additional Beneﬁts include performance related bonus, non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are an out-of-town location with free on-site parking and easy walking access to shops, cafes and buses.
To be considered you must already have the right to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies please.